Over the past several months, I have met with Missy Atkinson, our Athletic Director, and a number of coaches and coordinators concerning a number of challenges that have been presented over the past few years in our Parish Basketball Programs. We are all, as a Parish, so grateful to so many who have served and continue to serve in these Programs.
Disparity in enrollment among our neighboring Schools, Diocesan regulations, a growing number of students desiring to participate, and other factors have led Missy and I to brainstorm over the past few months to begin the process of reconstituting and re-defining the opportunities we can offer and the teams that we will develop for both our Boys and Girls programs.
As we continue in this process, we are asking for two persons to volunteer to serve as Assistant Coordinators for both our Boys and Girls Teams. These persons will assist the current Coordinators, and can also serve as a Coach. Also, we are seeking:
1. Boys Varsity Head Coach and a Boys Varsity Assistant Head Coach
2. Boys Junior Varsity Head Coach and a Boys Junior Varsity Assistant Head Coach.
3. Girls Varsity Assistant Head Coach
All Applicants should be a practicing Catholic and member of our Parish, who has obtained or will obtain his/her Diocesan Clearances. The applicant must demonstrate a desire to share with our youth his/her knowledge of basketball, but most importantly, foster the total personal and spiritual growth of each player. Applicants should submit their names to Missy Atkinson via her e-mail; firstname.lastname@example.org. All persons interested in serving in any of these capacities should e-mail Missy on or before July 5, 2019. Interviews will then be conducted by Missy and me within several weeks afterwards.
We have had a wonderful and long standing success in our Basketball Programs over the years and we hope to continue in that tradition. Changing circumstances have prompted us to look to implementing these changes so that we can continue to serve our young people and lead them, in their experiences of our athletic programs, to a deepening growth in our Catholic life and Catholic faith.
Parents, please return all uniforms and practice jerseys ASAP. There is a box in the lobby for easy return. Thank you!
Crusaders Spring Soccer registration is open! Every level of recreational player can participate, ages 5-15, and the program is open to any youth attending a Lancaster County Catholic elementary school or parish. Register online at CYAAathletics.org through March 1st. Cost is $50 per child for U5-U8 and $60 for U10-U15. If you have any questions, contact Scott McCuen (CYAA Youth Soccer Director) at email@example.com or 717-419-6985.
2019 Crusader Softball registration ages 6-14 is open! Sign up your players for 8U, 10U, 12U or 14U. Registration will end 2/13. Late registrations may be accepted with a late fee through 2/20. Multiplayer (3 or more) family discount applies. Crusader Softball Feeder Program is open to students from all Lancaster County Catholic Schools and parishes. Register above and select Softball Registration. For any questions or if you are interested in coaching, contact the Softball Coordinator Jude Krady at SaintLeoSoftball@gmail.com or 717-314-5965
Crusader Baseball is an active member and participant in the Lancaster County Youth Baseball League. Registrations will start in January and will be accepted until February 15th at 11:59PM. For the safety of the youth, 10U and above will be evaluated for skill level by the coaching staff. Players will be assigned a section accordingly.
Pony (Boys and Girls from 5-6 years old)
*Please pay special attention to age brackets as there are changes from previous years.
- BASEBALL REGISTRATION FEE: $135.00 – All players receive and KEEP the following: hat, jersey, belt and socks. Players will be required to buy their own baseball pants.
- PONY REGISTRATION FEE: $60.00 – Hat and Shirt are included. Baseball pants are not required. Games are on Saturday mornings beginning in mid-April and ending mid-June. Practices will begin in early April (the night of the week will be determined once coaches have been established).
- REGISTRATION FEES also cover field maintenance, team balls/bats, catcher equipment, team registration fees to the league and umpire fees.
- APPROVED PANTS: A link to order or view approved pants will be provided at a later date. Players may purchase pants elsewhere as long as the color is the same.
- FAMILY DISCOUNT: 3 Players per family reduce registration fee by $15.00 per child
- REGISTRATION ENDS Feb 8th at 11:59pm. Registrations after this date are not guaranteed and will be subject to a $15 late fee. No Registrations accepted after Feb. 15, 2018.
- Children need to be registered separately but one combined payment may be processed for multiple children
- Must meet League and School eligibility requirements
- ANY QUESTIONS to Peter Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org or (717)808-4463
***ANY PERSON PLANNING TO COACH OR ASSIST WITH THE PROGRAM IN ANY WAY MUST RECEIVE DIOCESE CLEARANCE.